You Roof Repair Greenville
Is a Metal Roof Worth the Investment?
It is important to look at more than the price when researching different roofing options. We have broken down the pros and cons of a metal roof so that you can determine how much money you will get for your dollar.
Advantages of Metal Roofing
- Metal panels are durable. Metal roofs are weather- and wind-resistant, so you don't have to worry about losing tiles or shingles when there is a storm.
- Metal roof systems have a high capacity for fire safety. Metal roofs are not able to ignite or feed flames as traditional roofing materials.
- Metal roofs are reflective of light. This means lower electricity use. A roof that reflects the sun helps to cool your home in summer, which can lead to a drop in energy costs.
- Metal roofs are one the most durable roof options. With minimal maintenance, well-installed metal roofing can last from 40 to 70 years!
- Metal is customizable for any look you desire. You have a wide range of specialty metals to pick from (e.g. copper, zinc, aluminum, etc.) Together with paint colors.
- Metal roofs are rust-resistant, which makes them ideal for coastal climates. In tropical climates, rustants such as saltwater or sand can damage traditional roofing materials like roofs. Roofs built in a dry climate are more resilient to erosion.
- Metal is a specialist roof material so it is more available than traditional roof materials like shingles. The lead times for conventional building materials are longer, making it more difficult to get your project started in the event of a shortage. Metal is more accessible if you're eager to get started with your project.
Advantages and disadvantages of metal roofing
- Metal panels are a more expensive material. Hiring an expert to install them, with the appropriate training and resources, comes at a significant cost.
- If it isn't insulated properly, a metal roof could be noisy during severe storms. To ensure that you have the best insulation, consider how storms can affect your metal roof.
- An improper installation may result in financial hardship and problems over the long term due to aspects such as expansion and contraction of metal panels. It is important to hire experienced roofers for this type of installation.
Although metal roofing offers more benefits than drawbacks, each home and owner has their own unique needs. For more information on how metal compares with other roofing options, please click below.
Greenville Roofing Masters
(252) 436 8250